Veolia Energy North America is a leader in sustainable energy services and facility management. Veolia Energy is a division of Veolia Environment (NYSE: VE), a world leader, and benchmark, in environmental services with operations on every continent and with more than 150 years of experience. The complementary Veolia divisions are Energy, Water, and Environmental Services
Scope and Responsibilities:
The Service Sales Manager is responsible for identifying and developing long-term, integrated, energy service operations & maintenance contracts and will lead the pursuit of new business opportunities by discovering and establishing strong relationships with new clients in commercial and industrial markets. Specific Scope of Work will include:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the local energy industry – its structure, trends, and issues.
- Fully understand, through discovery, customer requirements and their primary business objectives.
- Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate the full scope of Veolia Energy’s solutions and services.
- Identify potential customers and develop relationships with key decision makers in the client organization.
- Secure new project opportunities, and grow sales volume and market share.
- Seek internal technical project guidance to ensure achievement of customer satisfaction
- Provide high quality service to our clients.
- Maintain an accurate and timely forecast that is current as the opportunity progresses through the sales cycle.
- Manage and participate in the preparation, pricing, and presentation of Sales Proposals to customers.
- Lead negotiations with clients, including preparation of contracts and possible structuring of financing solutions.
- Present reporting and financial tools to customers and prospects.
- Serve as the Lead Liaison to the Veolia Team (operations, finance, legal, etc.) throughout the entire sales process.
- Assess competitor strengths, weaknesses, and strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years of outside sales experience.
- BA or BS.
- Ability to navigate and interact comfortably with facility managers/directors and decision makers.
- Experience selling Facility Maintenance, and/or Operations and Maintenance contracts.
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact decision makers in large commercial and industrial businesses.
- Ability to work independently with remote management
- Able to evaluate a given market, target most likely potential customers, create a market appropriate engagement method, execute on the engagement method, and ultimately close business with new customers in a given territory and vertical market.
- Knowledge of central plant operation and maintenance processes, estimating procedures, and equipment uses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with Energy Performance Contracts or Guarantees
- HVAC trade, industry, and supplier connections
- Preference for certified energy credentials (i.e. LEED, CEM, etc.).
- Comfort with, or preferably experience in, energy efficiency for commercial facilities.
- Excellent organization, time management, and professional appearance
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website, www.veoliaenergyna.com, and submit your information to requisition # 22244
Veolia Energy North America is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)