Arup is seeking several highly motivated Engineers with a range of experience and expertise to join our team in Southern California. As a Commissioning Authority, you will work on a variety of Commissioning projects in new and existing commercial and institutional facilities. Projects will focus on identifying and correcting inefficiencies in HVAC and domestic hot water systems, central plants, lighting, process equipment, and building controls. The ideal candidate thrives in an innovative and challenging environment and has a passion for Commissioning, quality, energy efficiency and problem solving.
Successful candidates will have a background in HVAC engineering, direct digital controls, and energy efficiency strategies for large commercial buildings and a strong desire to balance their analytical and report writing skills with hands-on field work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Contribute primarily to Commissioning and occasionally to retro-commissioning, energy efficiency retrofit, and demand response projects.
- Help customers achieve required Commissioning tasks required to secure a LEED rating.
- Monitor HVAC systems with building automation systems and stand-alone data loggers to troubleshoot operational problems or to find inefficient control sequences.
- Perform hands-on testing of HVAC, lighting, and control systems in new and existing buildings
- Write commissioning plans and field reports for new construction projects
- Write assessment, detailed evaluation, and measurement and verification reports and retro-commissioning plans for existing facilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- LEED AP credential
- A commissioning certification (from University of Wisconsin or Building Commissioning Association)
- California-Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer (PE) preferred
- 10 – 15 years of HVAC and controls experience